We consume local products as much as we can. Every Sunday, at the village market, we buy most of the products to cook at home during the coming week. At this period of the year, another of the basic ingredients is tomato. One of our favorite producers have very good ones. When they have ripen too much, we cook homemade preserved tomato sauce. Actually, our recipe changes if we want to use the sauce for pasta or pizza, meat or fishes. You'll find below our preferred recipe to prepare pasta or pizza with a delicious tomato sauce.
Key ingredients here are: basil and oregano. Enjoy!
Tomate sauce recipe to cook pasta or pizza with
- By Du bois à la maison
- 4 people
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Total time: 15 mins
- Category: GF Food, Sauce
- 400g tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 onion
- 1 basil teaspoon
- 1 oregano teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Cut all ingredients: tomatoes, garlic, onion.
- Add some olive oil in a saucepan and put all the ingredients together.
- Cook (medium heat) until you get the ideal consistency for the sauce, depending on pasta or pizza.
- Mix everything and serve immediately or can the tomato sauce, as you prefer.